The following is a continuously evolving list of selected web sites providing health and safety tips and information applicable to child care settings.
If you know of a listing or topic that should be added or find a link that is no longer working please contact us
- Allergy Information The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases' (NIAID) booklet summarizes what health experts know about the causes and symptoms of allergic reactions to airborne allergens, how health care providers diagnose and treat these reactions, and what medical researchers are doing to help people who suffer from these allergies.
- Allergy Testing for Children (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America)
- Bicycle Safety
- Brain Development
- Stop Bullying Now Information on characteristics of a bully, why they do it, and what can be done. The website also explains how to prevent children from being bullied and how to help those who have had an encounter with a bully.
- Burn Prevention
- Car Safety
- Child Abuse
- Child Care
- Child Care in America (2008 State Fact Sheet - National Association of Child Care Resource And Referral Agencies) The following data profiles the need for and use of child care in the United States today, as well as its current cost, quality and impact on America’s children, families and the economy.
- Child Day Care (MEDLINEplus Health Information)
- Early Years Are Learning Years (NAEYC) EYLYs are short articles designed for parents and other adults involved with children on a daily basis.
- Children With Special Needs
- Choosing Child Care
- Emergency Preparedness/Disaster Planning
- Environmental Exposure
- Head Lice
- Head Lice (Harvard School of Public Health) Information and Frequently Asked Questions
- Head Lice Resources You Can Trust (University of Nebraska Cooperative Extension) The educational resources on this site are current, reliable and research-based.
- Health Insurance
- Hearing Loss
- Insect Repellants
- Kitchen Safety
- Latex Allergies
- Lead Poisoning
- Medication Administration
- Mental/Social/Emotional Health
- Multicultural Resources
- Oral Health
- Playground Safety
- School Age Child Care
- SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
- Sun Safety
- Support Groups
- Developed by the Genetic Alliance a directory of parental support groups by congential syndrome.
- Temperatures, Safe